postwatcher04 - at - hotmail.com

About PostWatch
 
..::Archives::..


 
..::Links::..
The Nation

Winds of Change

Memri

Virginia Gun Rights

= WatchBlogs =
Timeswatch

Alphecca

Biased BBC

ChronWatch (SF Chronicle)

Croooow Blog

OmbudsGod

Regnum Crucis

Rhetorica









  ..::Other Links::..
Debka.com

Independent Women's Forum

Inkwell

MRC

Romanesko

CampusWatch.org

Amy Wellborn

Mark Shea

Kesher Talk

Right Wing News

Eleven Day Empire

Discriminations

Where is Raed?

Healing Iraq

The Command Post

Powerline







 
PostWatch: An irregular correction to the Washington Post


Brought to you by Christopher Rake
















PostWatch
 

Thursday, February 13, 2003
 
12:21 AM

OmbudsGod cites with approval Michael Fumento's takedown of the low-carb Atkins Diet and science writer Gary Taubes. Apparently Fumento has published another attack in Reason; I blogged on this last month when Fumento was published in Reason Online. I haven't read all of the new Reason piece, which is dated March, but it opens with researchers saying they feel unwittingly drafted into supporting the diet when they don't; one describes Taubes as a "dangerous man." Yikes.

The diet works for me. I see this line in the new Reason piece:
In Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution, Robert Atkins claims that by simply minimizing your carbohydrate intake you can quickly lose massive amounts of weight, even while pigging out daily on fatback, pork rinds, and lard. He also claims his diet will relieve "fatigue, irritability, depression, trouble concentrating, headaches, insomnia, dizziness, joint and muscle aches, heartburn, colitis, premenstrual syndrome, and water retention and bloating."

Claims like those should make anyone suspicious, even those who have barely scraped through high school biology

Be suspicious all you want. I have minimized by daily carbohydrate intake and I have lost weight even while pigging out on fatback, pork rinds, and lard. Okay, not fatback (what's that?) and lard. But pork rinds, sure, and eggs, bacon, meats of all kinds (chicken, pork, steak, sausage, etc.) as well as fish. I eat all I want. I lost weight and kept it off. And unlike my high-carb days, I never feel bloated or even dizzy after eating a big meal. I feel alert, just like Atkins said I would. It works, folks. Maybe not on everybody, but I gotta tell you I laugh out loud every time I listen to a doctor telling me how it doesn't work.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
Powered by Blogger Pro™


Google
Search WWW Search postwatch.blogspot.com