postwatcher04 - at - hotmail.com

About PostWatch
 
..::Archives::..


 
..::Links::..
The Nation

Winds of Change

Memri

Virginia Gun Rights

= WatchBlogs =
Timeswatch

Alphecca

Biased BBC

ChronWatch (SF Chronicle)

Croooow Blog

OmbudsGod

Regnum Crucis

Rhetorica









  ..::Other Links::..
Debka.com

Independent Women's Forum

Inkwell

MRC

Romanesko

CampusWatch.org

Amy Wellborn

Mark Shea

Kesher Talk

Right Wing News

Eleven Day Empire

Discriminations

Where is Raed?

Healing Iraq

The Command Post

Powerline







 
PostWatch: An irregular correction to the Washington Post


Brought to you by Christopher Rake
















PostWatch
 

Sunday, February 23, 2003
 
1:47 PM


6. The result: A very unsatisfying mishmash. As I've said, Fumento is a champion debunker, and there's no gainsaying the anger of some of the people who feel used & abused by Taubes. Fumento also has invested a lot more time and resources on this subject, and let's just say his resume is more impressive than mine. But I have the evidence of my own body and those of the few Atkins proponents that I know personally. I also have my own well-grounded views on the behavior of the medical, scientific and health-care industries. Collectively, the fatal flaw is that they're operated by human beings who have many reasons to oppose Taubes other than allegations about abusive interview practices or shoddy journalism.

I haven't seen any kind of systematic response by Taubes--really none to speak of. So I'll see what I can do about that. In the meantime, I'll keep using the Atkins diet. That means I'll eat all the low-carb food I want to my heart's content, I'll feel alert, I'll never feel deprived of food, I'll wear pants with a waist nearly two inches slimmer, and I'll stay at my target weight unless my new exercise program (which I launched after losing 12 pounds on an admittedly small body) begins to add muscle. It also means I'll continue to read about studies and abused scientists who say either none of this should be happening, or I won't stick to it for much longer, or I'm some unusual exception to the rule.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
Powered by Blogger Pro™


Google
Search WWW Search postwatch.blogspot.com