postwatcher04 - at - hotmail.com

About PostWatch
 
..::Archives::..


 
..::Links::..
The Nation

Winds of Change

Memri

Virginia Gun Rights

= WatchBlogs =
Timeswatch

Alphecca

Biased BBC

ChronWatch (SF Chronicle)

Croooow Blog

OmbudsGod

Regnum Crucis

Rhetorica









  ..::Other Links::..
Debka.com

Independent Women's Forum

Inkwell

MRC

Romanesko

CampusWatch.org

Amy Wellborn

Mark Shea

Kesher Talk

Right Wing News

Eleven Day Empire

Discriminations

Where is Raed?

Healing Iraq

The Command Post

Powerline







 
PostWatch: An irregular correction to the Washington Post


Brought to you by Christopher Rake
















PostWatch
 

Wednesday, October 16, 2002
 
10:34 PM

James DiBenedetto's Mom: If drafted, I will not run; If elected, I will not serve... James, who runs Eleven Day Empire, finds a candidate more fit for office than Jean Carnahan, who recently said:

I'm the No. 1 target of the White House. Since they can't get Osama bin Laden, they're going to get me"

11-Day Is Not Amused:

Carnahan is now campaigning to keep the seat she was handed for four more years, the remainder of the term. She's currently trailing in the polls (perhaps because the only real argument for her candidacy is: "I lost my husband, so I deserve a Senate seat to dull the pain of my terrible personal loss"), which perhaps explains her outrageous comment.

Since we're discussing the Merry Widow, whose only qualification for office is that she's a widow, I'll take this opportunity to once again promote my campaign to have my Mom appointed to the Senate.

She has the same basic qualification as Jean Carnahan (she's widowed)

She has the same political experience as Jean Carnahan did prior to her appointment (none)

And I'm willing to guarantee that she's a much nicer and more honest person than Jean Carnahan (my Mom would never make a comment as awful as Carnahan's quote above, for one thing)


11-Day adds that Mom will move if necessary, but this will be hard to verify until she gets her own blog.




Comments: Post a Comment
 
Powered by Blogger Pro™


Google
Search WWW Search postwatch.blogspot.com