postwatcher04 - at - hotmail.com

About PostWatch
 
..::Archives::..


 
..::Links::..
The Nation

Winds of Change

Memri

Virginia Gun Rights

= WatchBlogs =
Timeswatch

Alphecca

Biased BBC

ChronWatch (SF Chronicle)

Croooow Blog

OmbudsGod

Regnum Crucis

Rhetorica









  ..::Other Links::..
Debka.com

Independent Women's Forum

Inkwell

MRC

Romanesko

CampusWatch.org

Amy Wellborn

Mark Shea

Kesher Talk

Right Wing News

Eleven Day Empire

Discriminations

Where is Raed?

Healing Iraq

The Command Post

Powerline







 
PostWatch: An irregular correction to the Washington Post


Brought to you by Christopher Rake
















PostWatch
 

Friday, September 13, 2002
 
8:15 AM

One of my dearest friends is in the hospital, and it brings to mind these remarkable guidelines written by seven-year-old Monique Olivia McIntyre earlier this week. Virtually all would be a great idea for adults as well. McIntyre elaborates on each point in an absorbing way; I've edited it down to the essentials:

1. Don't surprise me. Tell me what you are going to do before you do it.
2. Always think of a less painful way of doing things
3. Be honest. I get really upset and people make me cry more when they say something isn't going to hurt
4. Ask my permission before you put any part of your body on mine.
5. Get down on my level. If I'm in the bed, sit down. You can sit down on my bed. Don't stand over me, because it scares me.
6. Try to keep the doctors and nurses who come into my room the same. It was really scary to wake up see and a whole bunch of new doctors standing around my bed.
7. Try not to wake me up so many times
8. Dress normal. Don't wear your white coat. People in white coats scare me
9. Get cable
10. Stop saying it's no "big deal." I didn't like it when people said it's no big deal to get your blood taken. It's a big deal to me




Comments: Post a Comment
 
Powered by Blogger Pro™


Google
Search WWW Search postwatch.blogspot.com